In this guide, we’ll cover all the steps you need to connect a custom domain to your funnel.
To get started, you’ll need to begin at Domains in the dashboard section.
Under the Domains tab, there's a field that accepts your domain. Beware you have to add a naked domain, meaning no www or https:// prefix. If your domain is www.example.com, just add example.com.
Adding a domain happens in 3 steps ( add, setup and verify ). If you have entered your domain name, click the + Domain button to proceed to the setup step.
In the setup step, you choose how you want to use your domain. There are two options: managed or external.
Usually, the external setup works best if you want to extend an existing website with a funnel on a subdomain. If you don't have a website live yet, we recommend you to choose the managed setup, because it will be easier to use in the long run.
You can connect funnels to the root domain and unlimited subdomains.
- You will verify by updating your nameservers to our nameservers.
- You will manage your DNS via the domains panel in Converdy
- You can easily add subdomains via the domains panel in Converdy
Verify by updating your nameservers to:
You can connect funnels to unlimited subdomains, but not to the root domain.
- You will verify by adding a TXT record in your current DNS settings
- You will keep DNS management at your current registrar
- You add an additional CNAME record for every new subdomain
Verify by adding a TXT record to your DNS settings.
- Add a TXT verification record to your DNS settings using the values returned
To find how you can change your domain name servers at your current domain provider, check out the tutorials:
To find how you can add a TXT record at your current domain provider, check out the tutorials:
If have followed the instructions for your setup choice. Click the "Confirm instructions" button, followed by Verify.
Congratulations! Your domain is now queued to be verified 🎉
Updating DNS often takes a while, so we check roughly every hour if something has changed and will notify you by mail if the verification procedure succeeded or failed.
Next up: learn how to publish your funnel on a custom domain!